This class is the first step in the building block process for our Defensive Firearms Series for Pistols. This course is designed to ground our students in the fundamentals of shooting; to master anything, one must first master the fundamentals. During the training you will develop the skills you need to be a proficient shooter, while learning to excel in the mechanical manipulation of your firearm. The course will focus on your safety, mindset, immediate and remedial action, round placement, target acquisition and self-confidence.
The instruction emphasizes the natural progression of each individual student. Our instructors focus on understanding your unique strengths and weaknesses, and strive to develop your individual skills. We begin with an initial assessment of each student and progress according to skill level. The objective of this course is to familiarize the shooter with the essential elements of effective shooting in order to build the shooter’s fundamentals to a proficient level. You will leave here both confident and proficient in handling and manipulating your weapon system.
- Mindset – understanding the effects of stress and how to overcome them.
- Characteristics of Handguns
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship – Stance, Sight Management, Trigger Press and Follow Through
- Presentation – Target Acquisition and Multiple Threat Engagement
- Threat Prioritization
- Immediate and Remedial Action – Identifying and Eliminating Malfunctions
- Reload Techniques – Speed and Tactical
- Reaction – assessing your situation and acting in a controlled, effective and deliberate manner.
- 90°-180° Turns
- Intro to Movement
- Equipment SelectionParticipants: 10 Students ages 15 and Up (Under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian)Course Date: July 21stRequired Gear: Pistol, Holster, Minimum 3 Magazines with a total capacity (with reload) of 45rds., Magazine Holders, eye protection, and ear protection*Skill Prerequisites: N/A*All equipment, including handguns, is available for rent at SEG.
- ** U.S. FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES YOU TO BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT TO TAKE THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW A FORM OF CITIZENSHIP ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS. **
- Valid forms of Citizenship Identification: Voter Registration Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization
- Recommended Gear: Drop Pouch, Pen, Paper, Cleaning Kit
- Ammunition Requirements: 400 rounds
- Duration: 8 hours
- Cost: $195.00