This course is designed to introduce the dynamics of fighting with a gun in a low to no light situation. Most predators seem to use darkness to attack their prey. They view darkness as a cover, asset, and weapon against those who they would turn into a victim. This is why most of violent encounters happen in the dark. It is our goal to give you the skills to face whatever situation or threat that may present itself. The defense minded individual should know that the odds that they might have to defend themselves or their loved ones in a low or no light situation are extremely high.
To overcome threats of a home invasion, robberies, or assaults at night you need to have the right mindset and skills. The class outlines the proper use of flashlights, implantation of a handgun with a flashlight, or a weapon mounted light, realities of a fight, target recognition, mechanical manipulation of your firearm and gear in a low light or no light situation. We will also discuss the physiology of how a violent encounter will affect your vision and hearing so you are aware of these affects and rely on your training to overcome them.
- Understanding the effects of stress on your vision and hearing.
- Physiology of the human eye
- Equipment selection for low light shooting; benefits and drawbacks of each
- Techniques for employing firearms with mounted lights/lasers and handheld flashlights
- Holster Presentation – Target Discrimination, Acquisition and Engagement
- Immediate and Remedial Action – Identifying and Eliminating Malfunctions
- Reload Techniques – Speed and Tactical
- Reaction – assessing your situation and acting in a controlled, effective and deliberate manner.
- Participants: 10 Students ages 15 and Up (Under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian)
- Duration: 8 hours, (2) 4hr sessions broken out over (1) week
- Course Date: July 26th and July 29th
- Ammunition Requirements: 500 rounds
- Required Gear: Pistol, Holster, Magazines with total capacity of 45 rds., Magazine Holders, Eye protection, ear protection, Handheld tactical flashlight, with fresh batteries.*
- Recommended Gear: Spare handheld tactical flashlight, Spare batteries, Drop pouch, Pen, Paper, Cleaning kit, Long sleeve garment (for use while shooting paint marking rounds), Mounted light/laser, light+laser (if already owned).
- Valid forms of Citizenship Identification: Voter Registration Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, or Certificate of Naturalization
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.