** U.S. FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES YOU TO BE A U.S. CITIZEN TO TAKE THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW A FORM OF CITIZENSHIP ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS**
This class is the first step in the building block process for our Defensive Firearms Series for Carbine Rifles. This course is designed to ground our students in the fundamentals of shooting; to master anything, one must first master the fundamentals. During the training you will develop the skills you need to be a proficient shooter, while learning to excel in the mechanical manipulation of your firearm. The course will focus on your safety, mindset, immediate and remedial action, round placement, target acquisition and self-confidence.
The instruction emphasizes the natural progression of each individual student. Our instructors focus on understanding your unique strengths and weaknesses, and strive to develop your individual skills. We begin with an initial assessment of each student and progress according to skill level. The objective of this course is to familiarize the shooter with the essential elements of effective shooting in order to build the shooter’s fundamentals to a proficient level. You will leave here both confident and proficient in handling and manipulating their weapon system.
- Mindset – understanding the effects of stress and how to overcome them.
- Characteristics of Rifles
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship – Stance, Sight Management, Trigger Press and Follow Through
- Presentation – Target Acquisition and Multiple Threat Engagement
- Threat Prioritization
- Immediate and Remedial Action – Identifying and Eliminating Malfunctions
- Reload Techniques – Speed and Tactical
- Optics and Slings
- Reaction – assessing your situation and acting in a controlled, effective and deliberate manner.
- 90°-180° Turns
- Intro to Movement
- Misc. Equipment Selection
Participants: 10 Students ages 18 and Up
Duration: 8 hours, (2) 4hr sessions broken out over (1) week
Ammunition Requirements: 500 rounds.
Required Gear: Zeroed* Carbine Rifle w/ Sites or Optic, Sling, (3) 30 rd. Magazines, Magazine Holders, eye protection, and ear protection. **
Recommended Gear: Drop Pouch, Pen, Paper, Cleaning Kit
Skill Prerequisites: N/A
Valid forms of Citizenship Identification: Voter Registration Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization
* Contact us if you need prior assistance to Zero your rifle.
**All equipment, to include rifles, is available for rent at SEG.