** U.S. FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES YOU TO BE A U.S. CITIZEN TO TAKE THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW A FORM OF CITIZENSHIP ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS**
This class is the second step in the building block process in our Defensive Firearms Series for pistol. This course is designed to take students who have successfully completed our Level 1 course and introduce them to shooting in a dynamic environment. The course will focus on your safety, mindset, shooting while moving, shooting from adverse angles and positions, shooting in low light/no light environments, round placement, target acquisition and self-confidence.
The instruction emphasizes the natural progression of each individual student. Our instructors focus on understanding your unique strengths and weaknesses, and strive to develop your individual skills. We begin with a refresher on skills learned through our level 1 course. The objective of this course is to familiarize the shooter with the essential elements of effective shooting in less than perfect, real world situations. You will leave here both confident and proficient in handling and manipulating your weapon system as well as solving problems under stressful conditions.
- Mindset – understanding the effects of stress and how to overcome them
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship Refresher – Grip, stance, sight management, trigger control, breath control and follow through
- Holster Presentation Refresher
- Immediate and Remedial Action Refresher – Identifying and eliminating malfunctions
- Shooting From Adverse Angles – In and around vehicles, corners, and mouse holes
- Shooting On The Move
- Introduction to -Stress Shoots- Dynamic flat range shooting exercises that consist of shooting on the move, from adverse angles in various positions, and under time constraints
- Reaction – assessing your situation and acting in a controlled, effective and deliberate manner
- Misc. Equipment Selection
For Course Dates please see events page below.
Participants: 10 Students ages 15 and Up (Under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian)
Duration: 8 hours, (2) 4-hour sessions broken out over (1) week
Ammunition Requirements: 500 rounds minimum.
Required Gear: Strong side belt holster, (3) or more high capacity magazines, magazine holders, eye protection, and ear protection.*
Recommended Gear: Drop Pouch, Pen, Paper, Cleaning Kit
Skill Prerequisites: Defensive Pistol 1
Valid forms of Citizenship Identification: Voter Registration Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization
*All equipment, to include handguns, is available for rent at SEG.