Reduced Light Tactics takes into account that since statistics show almost 90% of violent encounters occur in low light, it is absolutely necessary for anyone who is serious about defending themselves and their family to develop the ability to use a firearm in less than optimal lighting conditions. Some of the subjects covered include:
- Human vision
- Unaided reduced light shooting techniques
- Principles of low light tactics
- Use of weapon mounted and hand held flashlight techniques (as well as pros and cons to both methods)
- Reloading and clearing malfunctions
- Using flashlights with cover
- Tactical considerations and mindset
Course lecture and practical exercises will take place in the class and our scenario house.
Participants: 10 Students Ages 15 and Up (Under 21 must be accompanied by parent or guardian)
Duration: 3 hours
Course Date: January 19th, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
March 9th, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Recommended Gear: Two flashlights (primary and backup); extra batteries for each flashlight; pen and paper
Skill Prerequisites: N/A
* All courses will use Intert Plastic guns that SEG will provide as well as holsters. The intert guns provided are glock 17’s so if anyone has a holster they would like to bring for a glock 17, they are more than welcome to. NO LIVE WEAPONS SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO CLASS!!!