Kyrus Charities invites you to join us for a friendly target shooting and skills competition to support the training and ongoing care of service dogs for Active-Duty Military and Veterans.
Every day, an estimated 184 veterans are diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) and 20 commit suicide. Specially trained PTS service dogs can be the difference between life and death for our nation’s veterans, but the intensive training they require is expensive, costing upwards of $20,000 per dog. American Humane, the country’s first national humane organization, provides lifesaving PTS service dogs to our veterans in need. All of the proceeds from the shooting event will go to American Humane to directly support their Active-Duty Military and Veteran Service Dog Program.
Kyrus Charities provides an all-volunteer fundraising team to limit overhead and ensure your charitable dollars go to the intended cause. Both American Humane and Kyrus Charities are registered 501(c)(3) organizations. All donations are tax deductible.
Kyrus Charities has teamed up with American Humane to create “Shooting for Service Dogs”, a unique fundraiser that combines our commitment to Active-Duty Military and Veterans, our enjoyment of shooting, and our love of dogs.
Our goal is to raise $50,000, which will provide the funds necessary to train and place TWO service dogs. It will also provide financial assistance and care for the dogs after they are matched with their new owner.
- Entry to Silver Eagle’s premium ranges
- Series of PISTOL shooting skills, stations, and challenges
- Steel shoot course involving movement and target engagement
- Ammo for Skill Lanes and Steel Course (only 9mm, .40, and .45 will be provided*)
- Access to Raffles, Prizes, and Silent Auctions
- T-Shirt detailing the event, charities, and sponsors
- Opportunity to meet and speak with Veterans who have received Service Dogs
- Reception with food and beverage provided by local restaurants
We will also have additional contests and stations available for purchase the day of the event, highlighted by a Full Auto Shoot
–All items can be borrowed or rented the day of the event–
- Silver Eagle waiver (PLEASE complete online waiver here ahead of time)
- Pistol with 3 Mags
- Holster and Mag Pouch
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Ammo, if necessary*
- Comfortable clothing/shoes with a sturdy belt
*For planning purposes, we are limiting the ammo provided to 9mm, .40, and .45. You’re welcome to bring any other pistol caliber to the event, but ammo will not be provided. Also, please note that only frangible ammo can be shot on the Steel Course.
Our Shooting for Service Dogs raffle is now live! Sign up for the raffle for a chance to win some awesome prizes. Our prizes include:
- Sig Sauer 1911 Super Target — Generously donated by Sig Sauer
- More prizes on their way!
We can’t put on an event like this without dedicated sponsors, so we are offering a variety of ways to support the event.
**UPDATE** Please stop by and see our friends at Sense of Thai in One Loudoun. They are featuring our Cause on their menu as their current charitable drink — The Bravo Zulu — Check it out! $1 from each sale goes towards the fundraiser. Drink up!
All Sponsors will receive the following base package:
- Two Tickets to the Event
- Logo featured on the event T-Shirt, banners, and marketing material
- Recognition on event websites and in social media posts
- Acknowledgment the day of the event
The following sponsorship packages are available:
sponsors will receive the base package above
base package + logo featured on the target in one of the skills lanes
base package + logo featured on banner and additional recognition during reception
base package + logo featured on targets and banner for the Full Auto shoot
base package + logo featured on all ammo boxes used
base package + multiple logo targets and banners for the Steel Course
Please contact email@example.com for more information on Sponsorship opportunities.