Find all of the upcoming classes, seminars and events at our Ashburn, VA shooting range below!
- This event has passed.
Level 2 Defensive Series
November 30, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
One event on November 30, 2021 at 6:00 pm
** U.S. FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES YOU TO BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT TO TAKE THIS CLASS. YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW A FORM OF CITIZENSHIP ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS **
This class is the second step in the building block process in our Defensive Firearms Series for Pistol and Carbine. This course is designed to take students who have successfully completed our Level 1 course and introduce them to shooting in a dynamic environment. The course will focus on your safety, mindset, shooting while moving, shooting from adverse angles and positions, shooting in low light/no light environments, round placement, target acquisition and self-confidence. The instruction emphasizes the natural progression of each individual student. Our instructors focus on understanding your unique strengths and weaknesses, and strive to develop your individual skills. We begin with a refresher on skills learned through our level 1 course. The objective of this course is to familiarize the shooter with the essential elements of effective shooting in less than perfect, real world situations. You will leave here both confident and proficient in handling and manipulating your weapon system as well as solving problems under stressful conditions.
- Mindset – understanding the effects of stress and how to overcome them
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship Refresher – Grip, stance, sight management, trigger control, breath control and follow through
- Presentation Refresher
- Immediate and Remedial Action Refresher – Identifying and eliminating malfunctions
- Shooting From Adverse Angles – In and around vehicles, corners, and mouse holes
- Shooting On The Move
- Introduction to Stress Shoots – Dynamic flat range shooting exercises that consist of shooting on the move, from adverse angles in various positions, and under time constraints
- Reaction – assessing your situation and acting in a controlled, effective and deliberate manner
- Misc. Equipment Selection
Participants: 10 Students Ages 21 and Up (Pistol); Ages 18 and Up (Carbine)
8 hours – Two (2) 4-hour sessions broken out over one (1) week
Ammunition Requirements: 500 rounds
Required Gear: Pistol, Strong side OWB belt holster, Magazines with total capacity of 45 rounds, Magazine Holders, eye protection, and ear protection.
Required Gear: Zeroed Carbine Rifle w/ Sights or Optics, Sling, (3) 30 round Magazines, Magazine Holders, weapon mounted and/or handheld, eye protection, and ear protection.
Recommended Gear: Drop Pouch, Cleaning Kit
Skill Prerequisites: Level 1 Defensive Pistol or Level 1 Defensive Carbine
Valid forms of Citizenship Identification: Voter Registration Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, Real ID