Private Event Terms & Conditions
NORTHERN VIRGINIA’S PREMIER SHOOTING SPORTS ESTABLISHMENT
21550 BEAUMEADE CIRCLE ASHBURN, VIRGINIA 20147
Private events may be booked at least one (1) week in advance. Spaces available for private rental include: Indoor Ranges, Classrooms, Conference Room, Lounge, Mat Rooms, & Scenario Area. Please contact our Events Team to receive pricing. A $300 deposit must be placed in order to reserve any of the available spaces. Space is not held until this deposit is received. The payment of a deposit signifies the client’s agreement to Silver Eagle Group’s Private Event Terms & Conditions. Contracts can be provided upon request.
PRIVATE EVENT OR INSTRUCTION CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
If there is an emergency and you are unable to attend the training course or event, notice of cancellation is required.
All deposits are non-refundable, but may be rescheduled with notice. For private instructions, notice of cancellation must be received no later than 24 hours prior to start time. For private events, notice of cancellation must be received no later than 5 business days prior to start time.
If a shooter, or group, is removed from the range due to a violation of SEG’s Rage Safety Rules (below), they are not entitled to a refund of any sort.
RELEASE & WAIVER
Every new guest to Silver Eagle Group is required to complete our online Release & Waiver in order to participate in any form of training or range activity. Only those who have not been to our facility within the past year are required to complete this. To save time, it is best to complete the waiver prior to arrival. The link can be found using the button below. A form of Photo ID, such as a driver’s license, will be needed to complete the check-in process upon arrival.
All guests under the age of 18 must be registered as a sub-guest under a parent or guardian’s account. This is done by clicking the “add sub-guest” button under the information portion of the online waiver. If a minor’s parent or guardian cannot be in attendance, a temporary guardianship form must be completed in addition to the waiver. The form can be found here. A hard copy must be submitted and must contain signatures of both the primary parent/guardian and temporary guardian.
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP FOR INSTRUCTION
This requirement is only needed for events that contain any form of instruction. U.S. Federal Law requires all participants receiving formal firearm training to be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident. Guests will be required to show proof of citizenship or permanent residency upon check-in for the event. Valid forms of documentation include Voter Registration Card, Passport, Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card (Green Card).
All handgun course participants under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
All shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and cannot be on a range lane or participate in an event by themselves.
More information on minors can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Range Safety Rules
1. All Federal, state, and local firearm laws must be adhered to at all times.
2. All firearms not in the shooting booth must be holstered or cased.
3. All shooters must read and sign the SEG range rules, release, and assumption of risk agreement before using any SEG range or training facility.
4. All first-time guests are required to go through the range safety brief before entering the range.
5. Class III owners must be in possession of any permits or paperwork required by law.
6. All firearms brought into SEG must have been procured and held legally.
7. Shooters under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and cannot be on a range lane by themselves. Shooters between the ages of 18 and 21 years may rent rifles or purchase rifle ammunition from SEG. SEG will not rent handguns or sell handgun ammunition to shooters under the age of 21.
8. All add-ons must share a lane with the primary pass holder, this includes Members.
9. Food, beverages, spitting and smoking are prohibited on all SEG ranges.
10. Use of listening devices (music, cell phones, etc.) while in the shooting booth is prohibited.
11. Use of drugs or alcohol before or during shooting is prohibited. Patrons under the influence are not permitted to use the facility.
12. Eye protection and hearing protection are mandatory at all times while on the range.
13. Open-toed shoes and low-cut shirts are prohibited on the range.
14. Always wash your hands and face immediately after shooting and/or cleaning your firearm. Sinks are available immediately upon exiting the range.
15. No muzzle loading firearms may be fired on any SEG range.
16. All pistol calibers up to .44 Magnum may be used on any SEG range.
17. Rifles chambered up to and including .30 caliber cartridges may be fired.
18. Only shotgun slugs may be fired on SEG ranges. NO buckshot or birdshot.
19. Tracer, armor piercing, steel core, and any type of incendiary ammunition are prohibited.
20. SEG’s RSOs have the right to inspect any firearms or ammunition for safety considerations.
21. A shooter may collect his/her own brass that is on or behind the firing line. Brass from other shooters and all brass that falls in front of the firing line may not be collected.
22. All firearms resting on the booth table or floor must be completely pointed down range at the backstop with all mechanical safeties fully engaged. If not currently in use, all resting firearms must be fully unloaded, action locked open and magazine fully ejected.
23. At no time will any unattended firearm be loaded regardless of location or duration. SEG considers a firearm loaded if a loaded magazine is inserted, whether or not a round is chambered, or the action is open or closed.
24. Commands issued by an RSO must be obeyed immediately and without question.
25. If the command “CEASE FIRE” is given, the shooter must stop shooting immediately, remove his/her finger from the trigger, remove magazine, clear firearm, place the firearm on the bench, step back from the shooting booth and wait for further instruction from the RSO.
26. If the firing line is declared “CLEAR,” all firearms must be holstered or safely grounded (action open and magazine removed), and the shooter must step away from the firing line. Absolutely no firearm handling, unloaded or otherwise, may occur while the line is “CLEAR.”
27. Only the RSO or authorized SEG personnel may go forward of the firing line unless instructed by the RSO.
28. Only SEG approved paper targets may be used.
29. Appropriately-sized targets, placed at eye level, must be used to ensure that shots strike the bullet trap and not the floor, ceiling or target holder. Firing a shot on the SEG Range that results in the bullet striking anything other than the target and/or backstop will result in an assessment of damage or repair fines of $5 each and/or the shooter’s removal from the range.
30. Rapid fire is permitted, but only at a pace the shooter can control and, in any case, in no more than2 second bursts. If the RSO determines that a shooter’s rounds are hitting anything other than the backstop, the shooter will not be permitted to fire in rapid succession.
31. Automatic fire is prohibited without prior approval from the RSO on duty and never allowed on the 50 yard range. Automatic fire, when permitted, may only be at a pace the shooter can control and, in any case, no more than 2 second bursts. If the RSO determines that a shooter’s rounds are hitting anything other than the backstop, the shooter will not be permitted to fire in automatic.
32. Cross firing is prohibited and will result in your immediate removal from the SEG range.
33. All firing on any SEG range must be aimed fire. Point shooting is not allowed. All firearms used on the range must have an aiming device or sights to ensure proper alignment and round placement.
34. Shooters may only shoot one firearm at a time.
35. Any and all draws from the holster may only be practiced after the booth table has been raised. Drawing a pistol is only allowed within the shooting booth.
36. Only holsters placed on or around the belt, accessible from the strong side, will be allowed on any SEG range. Shoulder, cross draw, or support access holsters are strictly prohibited.
37. Standing, kneeling, seated and prone positions are allowed. When shooting in the bench rest position the muzzle, flash suppressor, brake or suppressor must be fully forward of the booth table.
38. Rifle to pistol transition drills are allowed, but any firearm not in the full control of the shooter must either have an empty chamber and magazine or all mechanical safeties must be fully engaged.
39. Competitions held on the SEG Range will be conducted in accordance with official SEG rules or by the rules of the sanctioning body of the match.
SEG RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THESE RULES FROM TIME TO TIME IN SEG’S FULL AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION. PATRONS AGREE TO ABIDE BY ANY AND ALL AMENDMENTS TO THESE RULES AS LONG AS THEY ARE POSTED AND AVAILABLE PUBLICLY.
FAILURE TO OBEY THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN A SHOOTER’S REMOVAL FROM THE SEG RANGE.